Our ingredients: cold pressed coconut oil (sulphur free), damask rose extracts, false daisy extracts, lancemade's wildcraft mix (trade secret*)
Note: The above mentioned ingredients are not just 'key ingredients' but are the complete ones we resource to infuse our premium, grade I base oils. There are no other additives or preservatives. Our trade secret* wildcraft botanicals are safe enough for consumption but are not in common use because of availability. We resource directly from our farmers from different parts of the world.
Enforcing trade secret protection is very necessary for the survival of home-grown brands and we hold the right to our formula, as much as we own our trademark. It becomes increasingly difficult for small businesses to keep up or flourish once such information is available to business majors.**
We prioritize the safety of our customers; we never push our product on them and we are more than happy to help rule out a certain ingredient, if there is concern about a particular allergen.
Example: There is no henna or amla in our formulation. Kindly drop an email with the name of the ingredient of concern and we will do the best to help you.
What we do NOT use?
1. Preservatives: Phthalates, paraben, formaldahyde and numerous other preservatives are widely used to increase the shelf stability of the products. However, the skin absorbs them and they're proven to harm our lungs, kidneys etc. Some are even carcinogenic.
There are food-grade preservatives which are safer but still not proven fully harmless. Lancemade uses neither. From the beginning, we know this formula will remain 100% preservative for life. We formulate it with a clear conscience every single time.
2. Fillers like mineral oil, petroleum and paraffin: These are majorly used to cut down the production cost of oil based skin and hair care products since natural seed and fruit oils are expensive; more expensive if they're edible-grade.
3. Colorants & Scents: We don't want you to leave in something on your skin that your stomach can't handle. This includes even the food-grade colorants and flavors. Lancemade oil is free from all sort of colors, flavors and scents, even food-grade. The mild olive hue we cherish is achieved by slow infusion.
4. Silicones: A hydrophobic ingredient commonly used in oils, shampoos and hair conditioners to give your hair a slip post-wash. In a long run, it coats the hair strands preventing the moisture, oils and nutrients from penetrating the shaft. This leads to brittle hair, breakage and poor hair retention in a long run. Moreover, silicone buildup in scalp can trigger shedding for many.
5. Animal-derived Ingredients: Lancemade is 100% vegan and free from lanolin, honey, royal jelly, tallow, lard, casein (milk protein) and all the other animal-derived ingredients.